DACA / Dream Act
San Antonio Dream Act Lawyer
What is DACA?
DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. It is also referred to as the “Dream Act”. DACA allows for certain people who entered the United States before their 16th birthday or before June of 2007 to receive a two-year renewable work permit and exemption from deportation.
Benefits of DACA
1. Live in the US
You will be able to legally live in the United States.
2. Work in the US
You may be eligible to legally work in the United States.
You may qualify to request DACA if you:
1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
2. You entered the US before you turned 16 years of age
3. You have physically lived and remained in the United States since June 15, 2012 until now.
4. You must have continuously lived in the United States on June 15,2012 and at the time of filing your request. You must have been in the US and never left the country from June 15, 2012 to the present day.
5. You should not have had a visa or green card on June 15, 2012.
6. You are currently in school, have graduated high school or obtained a GED, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Coast Guard or Armed Forces.
7. You must have a clean criminal record
DACA Application Process
The DACA application process is a one-step process.
1. Document Checklist
When you hire our firm, our immigration attorney will provide you with a tailored checklist of the documents that we require in order to prepare your DACA application.
2. Prepare and Submit application
Once you have provided us with the necessary documents, we will prepare and submit your DACA application to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services and await approval.
For more information Contact Our San Antonio Dream Act Lawyer
If you would like to set up a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss the time, costs and other requirements associated with a DACA Application, please call (210)-858-9681.