(210) 858-9681

San Antonio E1 Visa

We will respond within 24 hrs, Monday to Friday

Import / Export Visa Lawyer

The E1 Visa is also known as the Import & Export Visa. The E1 Visa is for people that import or export products or services between the US and their home country.

To get an E1 Visa, your home country, i.e., your country citizenship must be on the List E1 Countries.  Click on the blue button below to see if you qualify:

List of E1 Visa Countries

E1 Visa Benefits

The major benefits the E1 Visa offers are:

•  Live in the USA

The applicant and their immediate family will be able to legally live in the USA. Your immediate family includes your spouse and your unmarried children under the age of 21.

•  Work in the USA

The applicant will be authorized to come legally work in the USA. The applicant’s spouse will also be eligible to get a work permit. This work permit allows the spouse to apply and legally work for any employer in the USA.

•  Public Education

The applicant’s children will have access to schools in the USA and be able to attend classes from Pre-K to high school.

•  University

For your children that have already graduated from high school, they will be able to apply and attend universities in the US without a Student Visa.

•  Social Security Number

The applicant and spouse will be able to get Social Security Numbers.

•  Driver’s License

The applicant and spouse will be eligible to apply for US Driver Licenses.

General Requirements for E1 Visa

The E1 Visa has 3 general requirements:

1.  Import and Export

Your business must be involved in international trade between a treaty country (your home country) and the USA.
So, for example, if you have a business in Mexico, you must be either be:

•  Importing goods and services from the US.
•  Exporting goods and services to the US.
•  A combination of exporting and importing to and from the US.

2.  The recommended amount of import/export

We recommend that your business import/export a minimum of $100,000 USD worth of goods or services between the treaty country and the US.

3.  The country you’re trading from must be a Treaty Country.

There are 68 treaty countries with Canada, China and Mexico being three of the most active traders with the US. Click the blue button above to find out if your country is on the E1 list of countries.


How to Apply for the E1 Visa?

The E1 Visa is a one-step process that requires one application to be submitted to the US Consulate concluding with an interview. The application process for the E1 Visa is:

•  E1 Visa Document Checklist

Once you hire our law firm, our immigration attorney will draft and provide you with a tailored checklist of the documents needed to prepare your E1 Visa application.

•  E1 Visa Application

Once we have received your documents, we will prepare your E1 Visa application.

•  Interview with US Consulate

The final step of the E1 Visa process is the Visa Interview. This interview is done at a US Embassy/Consulate in your home country.  Prior to this interview, our immigration attorney will schedule an appointment to help prepare you for the interview.


How long does the E1 Visa last?

The E1 Visa can be issued for up to 5 years.  It can be renewed in increments of up to 5 years at a time and it has no limit on the number of times it can be renewed.


For more information Contact Our San Antonio E1 Visa Lawyer

If you would like to set up a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss the time, costs and other requirements associated with an E1 Visa application, please call (210) 858-9681.